Hotjar does its best to record all the visitors coming to your site. There are, however several instances where Hotjar will not record Visitor sessions on your site:
- Visitors who are excluded from the sample by Hotjar. Learn more about Sampling;
- Visitors not using one of the supported browsers;
- Visitors that have opted out from our opt out page;
- Visitors with disabled cookies. See what cookies are stored by Hotjar;
- Visitors using Private mode in some browsers (localStorage and sessionStorage not available);
- Visitors who run browser plugins such as Ghostery, uBlock or Adblock which explicitly excludes them from loading tracking scripts such as ours;
- When it comes to Recordings, Heatmap pageviews and Form sessions, Hotjar doesn't save recordings with no tracked usage – recordings are insightful because they allow you to see what visitors do when they visit your site. If they don't do anything and leave the site immediately for example, there is no point in recording the visit - this would just clutter the recordings list with 'useless' recordings which you would delete anyway.