Installing the Hotjar Tracking Code on your site using Google Tag Manager is simple. Just follow the steps below.
- Click Add a new tag
- Click the tag icon & select "Hotjar Tracking Code" from the list:
- Enter your Hotjar Site ID into the text field. Here's how you find it:
- Set up a trigger for where you will be placing the hotjar tracking code by clicking in the 'Triggering' area
- Select 'All Pages' for the trigger. (Or set up another targeting rule)
- Save your workspace.
- Click the 'Submit' button on the upper right-hand side of the page.
- Click on the Publish button to publish the tag.
- After a few minutes, you can start to use the Hotjar tools!