A "Snapshot" is an on-demand report based on a sample of data. The snapshot size refers to the number of visitors used to generate a particular report.
So for example, if you take a Heatmap snapshot of your homepage, a report is generated based on a number of visitors that visited the page right after the snapshot is created.
Hotjar uses snapshots for Heatmaps, Recordings and Form Analysis. On the other hand, Funnels data collection is ongoing - allowing you to monitor conversion and exit rates over time.
Hotjar BASIC snapshot sizes:
- Heatmaps and Forms - 1,000 visitors per snapshot.
- Recordings - 100 visitors per snapshot.
Hotjar PLUS snapshot sizes:
- Heatmaps, Recordings and Forms - 2,000 visitors per snapshot.
Hotjar Business snapshot sizes:
- Recordings and Forms - 5,000 visitors per snapshot.
- Heatmaps - 10,000 visitors per snapshot.